Close Pop-in is a long-established UK nappy brand. They have a great range of Aplix and Popper fastening nappies, as well as fantastic, reasonably-priced newborn options.
Many parents who want to use reusable nappies find themselves having to use disposables when baby is very small as one-size nappies tend to start from 7 lbs or 8 lbs and are often too bulky. This can prove expensive on top of your one-size cloth investment, as you can expect to change your newborn up to 10 times a day in those early days and weeks! Close Pop-in’s reusable newborn nappies help bridge this gap in an affordable way thanks to their clever design. The front section is contoured to fit around baby’s umbilical cord and the nappy itself is much slimmer, intended for the lower wetting, high frequency changing those first few months bring. The waterproof outershell isn’t lined so you can simply switch out the inner, wipe clean and re-use the cover if it’s not soiled.
- Soft elasticated waist and legs, and stretchy tabs and easy hook and loop fastening for a soft snug fit around baby every time.
- Excellent containment and leak protection at any stage, thanks to the clever double leg gusset.
- Slim and absorbent, 5 layers of bamboo terry.
- Fast wicking top sheet on the soaker to help keep newborn’s delicate skin drier.
- Soft-touch hook and loop wash tab.
- Soaker: Bamboo (viscose) blend and 100% fast wicking polyester top sheet.
- Outer shell: 100% polyester with TPU membrane.
- Close recommends not to use biological detergent, bleaching agents or fabric softeners as these may adversely affect absorbency and material appearance.
- Do not dry on direct heat source, do not routinely tumble inners (they may be finished off in the drier occasionally). Never tumble outers as this may affect materials’ integrity and waterproofing
- Easy care, no soaking, simply dry store and wash on a normal 30-60 degree cycle.
- Close always recommend pre-washing your nappies before use and always wash dark colours separately.
One size from tiny baby to approximately 3 months (5-12lbs, 2-5.5kg). Contoured to fit, front panel shaped to fit better under baby’s umbilical cord.
Why Little Green Cub Recommends
We love Close Pop-in newborn nappies because of their affordability and clever design, meaning the outer layer can be reused if not soiled. This makes pop-in newborn nappies a great alternative to disposables in those early newborn days.